Updates for 2012 model year Impreza and Forester vehicle navigation systems will use a new online update process that is now available via the following link:www.navigation.com/subaru-na.
Some of the updates or extras may be free, although customers may be required to purchase others. Available items may include updated software, map updates, free extras, and premium contents, such as extra points of interest, traffic services and more.
Although 2012 systems are the first to go live on this new update system, additional car lines and newer model years will soon be available for updates as well. Customers interested in updating their navigation systems can do so through the following process:
- With vehicle on, eject SD Card (see pg. 18 in Navigation System Owner's Manual for SD card ejection procedure)
- Insert SD card into computer SD card reader
- Open web link: www.navigation.com/subaru-na
- Click "Buy Updates or Extras"
- Register a user ID and password
- Select head unit (currently only 12MY Impreza and Forester head unit available)
- Select update for purchase
- Download Naviextras Toolbox to computer
- Use Naviextras Toolbox to download update to SD card
- Replace SD card in vehicle navigation head unit with vehicle off
- Turn on vehicle to confirm update